via SLA New Jersey
This is a 2 year term position with a complete benefits package.
Position Requires:The Collections Information Associate position requires extensive knowledge of and experience managing collection and digital asset data. Expertise in data standards, technical writing, SQL Server, and XML are required. Broad knowledge of digital technologies, standards, issues, and trends relating to collections cataloguing and digital asset management is necessary. An Art History background is preferred. The ability to work effectively in a team context, establish priorities, achieve goals, and support multi-faceted projects and the ability to work autonomously and make critical independent decisions is required.
-A minimum of 2 years experience in Museum Cataloguing
-2 years experience in Digital Asset Management
- SQL Server, XML, Crystal Reports, Basic HTML, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access are required
The Final candidate must successfully pass a background check.
Under the supervision of the Dean of Academic Affairs and in collaboration with the Director of Learning Resources and Centralized Library Services Team, the Librarian ensures school library functions and services are appropriate and properly planned, implemented, and managed. The Librarian assists the school community in use of the library materials and resources through appropriate and meaningful information literacy and instruction programs as well as reference and research support. The librarian assists the school community with use of academic support services and technology including tutoring, assessments, student portals, learning management systems, and others.
Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion – is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Master’s Degree in Library, Information Science, or related from an ALA accredited school.
- At least one year experience working in a post-secondary institution library.
- Previous experience delivering instruction preferred.
- Knowledge of subjects taught by Art Institute system.
- Knowledge of library and educational technologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Superior organizational, prioritization, and self-motivation skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Work effectively a team member to insure that system and school goals are met.
- Ability to effectively teach information literacy skills.
- Comfort level with expanding and contracting sphere of influence as required at times by the role.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 15 pounds.
Job Posting: Library Assistant/Part-time – City of Glendale Library, Arts & Culture Department, Glendale, CaliforniaPosted: May 21, 2013
via ALA Joblist
This is an unclassified, non-civil service, part-time hourly position with no medical, dental or accrued leave benefits. Individuals in this position may work up to 1,250 hours per fiscal year; however, a minimum number of hours is not guaranteed.
For more info and to apply online: www.ci.glendale.ca.us
via Archives Gig
This position exists to provide researchers and the public with access to information in the History Colorado collection, to provide reference service both onsite and virtually, and to manage the library’s photographic rights and reproductions permissions and collections use programs. These responsibilities include insuring institutional compliance with applicable copyright law and documenting commercial and nonprofit use of History Colorado images.
The position will provide reference services on a daily basis, will contribute to library and History Colorado publications and social media output, will develop and present occasional classes and workshops for library patrons, and will undertake other duties as assigned. In order to provide the best possible service to researchers, the general public, and internal patrons, the position will be familiar with HC resources including documentary and artifact collections, educational programs, and exhibits.
via Archives Gig
Interlochen Center for the Arts, one of America’s most prestigious institutions for arts education, performance and fine arts presentations, seeks a part time Photo Archivist for our Marketing and Communications Department. We have two core educational programs: Interlochen Arts Camp, serving 2,700 students in grades 3-12, and Interlochen Arts Academy, the nation’s premiere fine arts boarding high school with an enrollment of 470-500.
The Photo Archivist will catalog historical and contemporary images for distribution online, for sale to students, parents and alumni, and for promotional use.
- Manage Interlochen’s photo archives
- Upload historical and contemporary photos to SmugMug
- Oversee gallery creation and approval process with arts directors
- Locate images, scan, upload and create photo galleries
- Respond to parent, student and alumni inquiries (email, phone and in-person visits)
- Provide images for marketing and alumni office use
The Museum of International Folk Art requires a senior librarian to direct all aspects of operation for the Bartlett Library, a specialized non-circulating collection and archive including purchase, catalog and accession of all books, periodicals, field research notes, slides, negatives and photographs. The senior librarian also provides electronic access to the collection through OCLC and data bases and assists museum staff, library patrons, docents and educators with reference and research requests and inter-library loans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Library or Information Science (AIA approved)
- Two years library experience with knowledge of anthropology, art history, or folklore.
- Individual be able to plan, develop and make procedural policy decisions concerning the library operations, the specialized collection and archive including purchase, catalog and accession of all books, periodicals, field research notes, slides, negative and photographs.
For consideration, please submit your electronic resume to Elena Sweeney, Deputy Director of the Museum of International Folk Art, Santa Fe, New Mexico, firstname.lastname@example.org. All interested parties are required to apply online with the State of New Mexico Personnel NEOGOV website,http://www.spo.state.nm.us to be considered for the position.
Job Posting: Collections Librarian – Northwest Museum of Arts & Culture/Eastern Washington State Historical SocietyPosted: May 14, 2013
Application review begins May 10. Position open until filled. Interviews will be scheduled beginning the week of May 27.
The Collections Librarian provides public reference service for all museum collections (Research Library and Archives, Art, History, and American Indian Collections) to the general public, museum staff, and volunteers; organizes, inventories and preserves permanent collection objects, archival material, and digital media; catalogs books, ephemera, and photographs using copy cataloging and original cataloging standards and standard vocabularies; provides collection and loan management services for the exhibition program and museum collections; coordinates volunteers, interns, and students; completes digital and print reproduction orders for patrons and museum staff; assists with collection management; assists with administrative tasks; participates in public programs; collaborates with museum staff on assignment or project basis.