Job Opportunity: Visual and Performing Arts Librarian, Florida State University Libraries, Tallahassee, FLPosted: January 15, 2015
The Florida State University Libraries seeks a collaborative, innovative, and service-oriented subject specialist and research librarian with expertise in Art History, Fine Arts, and Performing Arts to participate in a wide range of services and professional responsibilities in a dynamic academic environment. The Visual and Performing Arts Librarian will work collaboratively with academic faculty and librarians to develop and provide consultative, instructional, and outreach services to faculty and students in the College of Fine Arts; evaluate, select, and review information resources to support curricula and research; and support faculty scholarship and publication. This position is based in the Scholars Commons, a department that works closely with faculty and graduate students.
If qualified and interested in the position as advertised, please apply through the Florida State University
job site at https://jobs.fsu.edu. (Job ID #38298) by February 12, 2015.
The California Institute of the Arts (CalArts) in Valencia, California, seeks an experienced librarian to be responsible for the development and coordination of the library’s access services, including circulation, reserves, inter-library loan, document delivery, and collection maintenance.
For full details, including requirements and how to apply, visit http://calarts.edu/employment/access-services-librarian.
The Bard Graduate Center is seeking a full-time Reader Services Librarian. Responsibilities include managing all aspects of the library’s public services: overseeing the reference desk, performing outreach and orientation, devising and implementing bibliographic instruction workshops, managing interlibrary loan, liaising with faculty and curators, keeping statistics and assessing all programs in the reader services department. Also works closely with entire library staff on collection development, preservation and other library-wide special projects.
Two to four years experience preferred, preferably in an art library.
Click here for more info.
The Savannah School of Art and Design is seeking applicants for the position of Reference Librarian.
This position works with Reference Department staff and other library staff members to assist students, faculty and staff in their research and instruction needs. The Reference Librarian also assists in the promotion of library collections and services to the SCAD Community.
· ALA-accredited MLS or MLIS degree
· Ability to plan and provide library instruction that incorporates information literacy standards and current teaching practices
· Current knowledge in the library field to address general and subject-specific information resources and effective search strategies
· Up-to-date and knowledgeable about emerging technologies that support reference and instructional services
· Education or significant research experience in one or more subjects offered at SCAD
· Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
· Prior experience working collaboratively with faculty, students and staff in an academic library environment is preferred
Details and application instructions can be viewed at https://scadjobs.scad.edu/postings/9601.