Via ARLIS/L… do attend this free online interest session if you’d like to learn more about the Career Mentoring workshop at this year’s conference.
ARLIS NA Presents: The Benefits of Career Mentoring
Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
On March 24th a workshop on Career Mentoring will be offered at the joint VRA & ARLIS/NA conference in Minneapolis. Learn more about the benefits of participating in the workshop, for both mentors and mentees. We’ll cover what training is provided, and how to apply. Our presenter will be Sarah Carter, Chair of ARLIS/NA’s Mentoring Subcommittee.
Friday, January 14, 2011
11am Pacific – 12pm Mountain – 1pm Central – 2pm Eastern
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.
Do you want to attend the annual ARLIS/NA conference? The 2011 meeting will be a joint session with the VRA (Visual Resources Association) and it’s in Minneapolis from March 24 – 28. An array of travel awards are available for new professionals and students to help defray the costs of attending. Deadlines are already approaching for some of these!
ARLIS/NA Travel Awards:
These are just a few of the available awards. For more information, visit http://arlisna.org/about/awards/awards_index.html Application deadline is January
14 21, 2011.
- Student Conference Attendance Award ($1000)
Eligibility: Student members who are active participants in ARLIS/NA and are currently enrolled in an accredited graduate program in Library Studies and/or Information Studies or have recently graduated (within 12 mos. of graduation).
- Student Diversity Award for Conference Attendance ($1000)
Eligibility: Students from a traditionally under-represented group who are currently enrolled in an accredited graduate program in Library Studies and/or Information Studies or have recently graduated (within 12 mos. of graduation).
- Judith A. Hoffberg Student Award for Conference Attendance ($1000)
The Judith A. Hoffberg Student Award for Conference Attendance is given annually in honor of the founding of ARLIS/NA and its first president. Eligibility: Students who are currently enrolled in an accredited graduate program in Library Studies and/or Information Studies or have recently graduated (within 12 mos. of graduation).
ARLIS/NA Chapter Travel Awards:
Many of the ARLIS/NA regional chapters sponsor their own travel awards. These provide a great opportunity to attend the annual meetup while connecting with the art librarians near you. Visit your local chapter’s website for more information and to see what’s available. Application deadlines vary.
VRA Travel Awards:
The Visual Resources Association recently announced its travel awards for attendance at the 2011 joint VRA & ARLIS/NA conference. The deadline for receipt of applications will be November 30, 9am Central Time.
A preliminary conference schedule with a listing of workshops and sessions has already been posted at:http://vraarlis11.sched.org/ and information about costs is posted here: http://www.vra-arlis2011.org/
- Up to six Tansey fund awards of $250 to $850 each
- The Kathe Hicks Albrecht award of $850 (for a first-time conference attendee)
- The Gallery Systems award of $800
- Two New Horizons awards of $850 each. These awards are aimed at members in the following categories: solo VR professionals, part-time VR professionals, geographically isolated VR professionals, VR professionals in smaller institutions, and/or first-time attendees
- The Davis Art Top-up award of $250
- The Joseph C. Taormina Memorial Travel Award of $250
- A New Horizons student travel award of $300, for a full-time student enrolled in an accredited degree program and considering a career in visual resources
- One international award, amount as yet to be determined
The application form will be available on the VRA website from October 29: http://www.vraweb.org/ under What’s New. Before you apply, PLEASE READ “Travel Award Rules and Guidelines”, “Tips for VRA Travel Awards Applicants”, and “Types of Travel Awards”, all linked here as PDFs: http://www.vraweb.org/organization/committees/travel/index.html